The Dual Certification pathway is currently available to certified doulas who are in good standing with their organization. The PALS Board feels strongly that the hard work that goes into the certification process is valid as are the additional elements that make the certification process with PALS relevant to our goals to work towards a social justice framework. The resulting pathway married elements from our current certification process with elements from our recertification process. This pathway is designed to allow certified doulas who are seeking certification within PALS to reach that goal.
Doulas who carry certification from the list of organizations (or a certificate of completion from a community-based training) can apply for dual certification. A full listing can be found here: https://palsdoulas.org/certify/
- Continuing Education Verification Form and documentation totaling 15 hours in the last 3 years
- *Active (full) membership status with PALS
- Personal statement essay
- Birth Verification Forms from three separate Births (can be from births attended prior to purchase of packet)
- Verification of current certification status/membership (a copy of your most current fee paid – will be verified with the organization)
- Read the PALS Doulas Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics