2) Click ‘Add to cart’ -> then ‘view cart’
3) Enter in any coupon code you may have, then click ‘proceed to checkout’
4) Enter in your PALS account information, this will be the email you originally signed up with PALS.
5) Complete payment using the secure Stripe payment portal. (We do not capture your financial information at any time, nor should you be prompted to create an account with Stripe)
“The major role that the body’s natural oxytocin plays in birth encourages the idea that birth is an experience of love… Birth is a spiritual experience simply because it is largely an act of love on the part of the body physiology and the indwelling spirit.” – Cathy Daub
PALS certification is valid for three years. Every three years thereafter, re-certification is required to remain a PALS certified doula. Below is our re-certification process.
Requirements for Re-certification
- Download the free PALS Application for Re-certification.
- Membership must be continuous to maintain certification, if your memebrship has lapsed during your current certification, it has been invalidated. You will be required to pay any late fees to bring it current.
- Document attendance at three births in the three years prior to re-certification and complete a PALS Doulas Birth Verification Form for each birth.
- Obtain a minimum of 15 contact hours of Continuing Education in the Maternal-Child Health Field from the three years prior to re-certification and submit documentation.
- Submit your Personal Statement Essay outlining the following information:
- Approximately how many births have you attended?
- How active have you been as a doula in the last three years?
- How do you uphold the PALS Doulas Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice in your work?
- Have you attended PALS events in the last three years (e.g. Advanced Doula Training, Membership Meetings, or Annual Meetings/Conferences)?
- Submit a $35.00 Packet Processing fee to PALS along with your packet.
This packet can be mailed or scanned in order and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org