PALS certification is valid for three years. Every three years thereafter, recertification is required to remain a PALS certified doula. Below is our recertification process.
Requirements for Recertification
- Download the free PALS Application for Recertification.
- Verify your membership is valid by contacting PALS. Membership must be continuous to maintain certification.
- Document attendance at three births in the three years prior to recertification and complete a PALS Doulas Birth Verification Form for each birth.
- Obtain a minimum of 15 contact hours of Continuing Education in the Maternal-Child Health Field from the three years prior to recertification and submit documentation.
- Submit your Personal Statement Essay outlining the following information:
- Approximately how many births have you attended?
- How active have you been as a doula in the last three years?
- How do you uphold the PALS Doulas Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice in your work?
- Have you attended PALS events in the last three years (e.g. Advanced Doula Trainings, Membership Meetings, or Annual Meetings/Conferences)?
- Submit a $35.00 Recertification Packet Processing fee to PALS along with your packet, or use the button below to pay now.