Become a Member
Certification and Referrals
– PALS Doulas offers certification to its members. After completion of an approved birth doula training, members are encouraged to apply for certification. For certification, you must attend at least three births. We offer two Pathways to Births opportunities: the Apprenticeship Pathway in which you can attend prenatal visits, the birth and postpartum visits with an experienced certified doula or the Mentored Pathway where you can have the phone support of an experienced doula while you attend a certifying birth. The Mentored Pathway is included in the cost of your certification packet. Once certified, a member can choose to join our referral list. This list allows you to have an online profile and receive referrals directly from our main office.
Monthly Doula Meetings
– PALS Doulas sponsors free doula support meetings every month. Meetings are held in varying locations throughout the Seattle area and alternate between evening times and mornings to be as accessible as possible. Doula Support Meetings count for one hour of continuing education. We explore many issues surrounding birth and labor support. Some of our past continuing education sessions have covered topics such as: hypnotherapy in labor, breastfeeding in the work place, adoption issues, working with non-English speaking clients, how to best support teen-age clients, and many other areas of interest to doulas. See our calendar page for dates and meeting locations.
– PALS Doulas sponsors several advanced doula trainings (ADTs) annually. These are generally held at 3-4 month intervals throughout the year, and are either full day or half day trainings. Past trainings and topics have included: use of the TENS unit, a Rebozo workshop, “Perinatal Loss – When a Baby Dies”, “Working with Adoptive Parents”, and “Spinning Babies with Gail Tully.” PALS Doulas members receive a discount on all Advanced Doula Trainings and may receive priority sign up. See our calendar page for upcoming events, dates, and details.
Membership in our Facebook Group Page
– PALS Doulas maintains a private Facebook group page; another place members can receive online support and have discussions.
– Brochures describing PALS Doulas services are available to members at no charge. Email email@example.com